Beef Haiku Daily

This is a website
which attests to the greatness
of beef as a meat.

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Tutorial: How not to prioritize vegetables over beef.

My heartfelt thanks to Beefer Sutherland for pointing out a mistake that many first time Beef Haiku-ers make, namely mistaking vegetables as an alternative to a good slab of Angus. He illustrates his point beautifully by allowing me to publish a frankly embarrassing Haiku from his bottom drawer (written early in his Beef Haiku career), followed by the improved version after he took my course Beef Haiku'ing for Cash. (N.B. Please do not apply - this course finished in the 70's).

Clearly rubbish:
i have a steak ache
in my belly it hurts, oh
i should eat more greens

Better:
i have a steak ache
in my belly it hurts, oh
yes, i must eat more

Of course there are other obvious mistakes in the modified version, but these are just some of the pitfalls one must endure when one chooses to embark upon a life of meat based cogitation. Again I am indebted to a now widely respected artist for allowing me to use such a useless piece of work on my site.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home